A Letter to Mrs. Frederick

No offense to Harriet Tubman, but have you met Mrs. Frederick? Image created by Kara Wilkinson

Dear Mrs. Frederick,

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, I am writing you this letter. Although you may not know this, you are greatly admired by many students here at Canyon Vista, including me. In my past three years at Canyon Vista, I have learned so much from you. You didn’t just teach me how to play an instrument and how to read music, you taught me how to work and unite with others and enjoy making music. Although you teach hundreds of students, you go out of your way to make sure that each student is treated fairly and has the best experience in orchestra. Even when a student doesn’t understand or just can’t get that one part in the song, you’re never angry. You are always very sweet, helpful, and understanding.

You have changed my views on playing an instrument, being in an orchestra, and working together with others in general. You inspire me everyday to practice and get better at playing my instrument. You have and will always be one of my favorite and best teachers I have ever had, and I will miss you so much next year. 

Maggie Findell

(P.S. you totally deserve to go on the $20 bill)