The Best Phones This Holiday Season So Far

As we all know, phones come out every year around Christmas so that companies can make money when people decide to get their son, daughter, or other relative phones. So, what phones have or will come out this year? Are they worth the money you worked hard to get?

The Nexus 6 (Huawei)

Google’s Nexus lineup has been very successful, and following that trend, so has this generation’s Nexus. You may be wondering, “All of this is great and all, but why should I buy this phone?” Well, first of all, this phone runs Android Nougat, the successor to the much acclaimed Marshmallow. It has a 5.7” 2k Corning Gorilla Glass display, a Snapdragon 810, and 3GB of RAM. And, best of all, it starts at $550. Oh, and did I mention that it has a 12 megapixel camera?

The Google Pixel

The Google Pixel is a phone that has been seen from many different viewpoints since it’s launch in November. Released back in October, this phone came running Nougat out of the box. With it’s 143 gram aluminum body, weight is on it’s side. The most notable feature of this phone is it’s ability to charge almost to full in 15 minutes using USB type-c. With a 5 inch screen paired with a Snapdragon 821 processor and 4 gigs of ram, this phone is no slouch. All of this is going to cost you, though. It will run you $750 if you buy it today.

The Motorola Moto Z

Even though Motorola has been bought by Lenovo, they are still pumping out great phones. This phone is no exception. With it’s 5.5” display and 13 megapixel 4k camera, you can take outstanding photos with the phone itself. However, the phones modularity is where it really shines and allows it to stand out from the competition. You can add Moto Mods, which allow you add a projector, better camera, and better speaker to the phone. And, the whole modularity thing actually works pretty well. Let’s say that you are going camping. You have your Moto Mods in your backpack and you come across an amazing waterfall. Slap your the camera mod on there and you are off to the races.

The Sony Xperia XZ

The XZ is an amazing value for the price. For $500, you are getting a 5.2” display, a 23 megapixel 4k camera, 3 gigabytes of ram, and a Snapdragon 820. It runs Marshmallow out of the box and can be upgraded to Nougat if you feel so inclined. So, this isn’t a bad smartphone for the money.

The LG V20

If you are an audiophile, you will love this phone. With it’s quad DAC (Digital Audio Converter), you will be able to listen with insanely power hungry headphones. It has a 5.5” screen, so you will be able to enjoy videos to their fullest extent. But it will set you back $800.