What is wiffle ball

There is a new sport on the block. Well it’s not exactly new. Wiffle ball is a sport that many people remember from their childhood; as a game that is similar to baseball but with a plastic bat and ball. 

But what people don’t know about, is that there’s a whole other level to wiffle ball where money is on the line. Adults are putting hours into becoming the best that they can, and there are teams coming from different countries to compete.

There are lots of different types of wiffle ball play styles and rules. For example the caught looking rule. When the batter does not swing during a strike it is an automatic out, no matter how many strikes you have.

But there is one thing that brings everyone together and ignites a passion, winning. There are many leagues and many opportunities. No matter who you are, the playing field is a place where you can play, and compete.

“I like playing Wiffle ball because it incorporates all the aspects that I love about baseball but and in a more friendly laid back setting,” Victoria Poulos said. 

It’s an oddball sport. It’s the weird one but maybe, just maybe in a couple of years it can join the big boys as a televised and watched show.