Fall into Blue Jeans Drive

Canyon Vista Helping Hands Club hosted a blue jeans drive that collected blue jeans to send to the Round Rock ISD Clothes Closet. The Clothes Closet is a storage area for a service project that gathers gently used clothing, to give to RRISD students who are in need.

Mrs. Boyd's Advisory class contributed 49 of the 164 pairs of jeans Canyon Vista donated to the Clothes Closet. Photo by Kara Wilkinson
Mrs. Boyd’s Advisory class contributed 49 of the 164 pairs of jeans Canyon Vista donated to the Clothes Closet. Photo by Kara Wilkinson

Ms. Mattioli, sponsor of the C.V. Helping Hands Club, described the Clothes Closet as a small store that has rows of clothes, similar to Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

The Blue Jeans Drive was a competition among Canyon Vista Advisory classes to see who could collect the most jeans. Mrs. Boyd’s class collected a total of 49 jeans! “I think it’s really nice that we’re donating so many jeans,” said sixth grader Vani S., who contributed to the class total.

The club’s main goal was to make the drive a school effort. The Canyon Vista PTA also pitched in, making it a community effort.

Mattioli says that the best part about helping others is when you get to know those you’re helping. Other ways to get to know our community is by serving at local soup kitchens, contributing to the food bank, and volunteering at assisted living facilities.

“We are all human beings, and are all equal but sometimes we are all challenged, and we need to be supportive of each other,” said Mattioli.

View Comments (1)