The Student News Site of Canyon Vista Middle School

Breakfast Idea: Banana Avocado Smoothie

Waking up in the mornings can be tough, but waking up and having nothing to eat is worse. We usually skip breakfast due to a lack of time and being in a hurry to get to school. That’s why having a healthy, filling, and quick breakfast is the best. This smoothie fills these needs and uses ingredients that you probably already have at home. The components also have great sources of nutrients that you will need throughout the day.

According to Food Matters and Daily Health Post, bananas are high in potassium which regulates your blood pressure and keeps your heart functioning properly. It has lots of fiber that helps with your digestion. This creamy fruit contains natural sugars that give you an energy boost as well.

Both a fruit and a vegetable, avocados contain a variety of essential nutrients and many healthy benefits. Underground health says that avocados have omega-3 fats that are necessary for your body. It contains vitamin B6 and folic acid, which help maintain a healthy heart. Avocados are also very low in sodium, helping maintain daily cholesterol values.

The third ingredient, milk, is a great source of calcium that keeps your muscles, bones, and teeth healthy and strong. In addition to calcium, there’s an abundance of phosphorus in this drink, aiding in strengthening bones as well. As stated in Medical News, milk has vitamin D which helps with your growth.

All three of the ingredients are especially high in potassium, regulating your blood pressure and keeping your heart functioning properly. Making this smoothie in the morning gives you tons of vitamins, healthy fats, and other nutrients that will keep you energized throughout the day.