The Student News Site of Canyon Vista Middle School
Austin on Edge As Fifth Package Leaves FBI Scrambling

March 20, 2018

Austin is on edge after the fifth package explosion happened in a FedEx facility in San Antonio. This package is another warning to residents as a string of package explosions target the Austin area, leading to two deaths. One person was injured in the explosion but is expected to recover.

This explosion happened in Schertz, Texas, near San Antonio. FBI spokeswomen Michelle Lee believes that it is related to the explosions in the Austin area. The package was believed to be shipped to Austin, bringing more people on edge.

The package exploded around 12:25 am, in the sorting area of the facility. Police and the FBI are investigating, but are warning people not to touch anything they did not order and to call immediately if there is anything suspicious.

This recent explosion brings bad news, as the entire Austin area is on edge after four explosions. The first explosion was on March 2, which killed one person. The next explosion was on March 12, which killed another. Immediately following, there was yet another explosion. On March 18, there was one more explosion, which finally motivated the state to increase the reward to $115,000.

If you see anything suspicious, don’t pick it up and call 911. Info and image from here.