Day in the Life of Mrs. Nosal

When it comes to teachers at Canyon Vista, they do a lot of behind the scenes work that students oftentimes don’t know or stop to think about. Although this may be surprising, teachers also have a life outside of school, teaching, and grading. Today, we’ll be looking at one of Canyon Vista’s magnificent math masters, Mrs. Nosal.

Mrs. Nosal has a fun personality which keeps her students entertained. Photo by Rustin Mehrabani-Farsi

Mrs. Nosal wakes up every morning at 5:50 a.m. with her Australian Shepherd, Kobie. Together, they go through their morning routine. This consists of taking a shower and getting dressed, eating breakfast, reading her Bible, then together, the two of them quietly play fetch for ten minutes. Once she gets to school at around 7:15, Mrs. Nosal starts getting ready to start her busy school day.

When the school day ends for her students, Mrs. Nosal straightens up her room and gets ready for the next day by creating lesson plans, thinking of fun activities, and answering emails. Mrs. Nosal didn’t originally do this though. She used to just be a substitute math teacher, but since she loved the teaching and logic of math so much, she decided to become a fulltime teacher. “I’m so glad she’s my teacher,” says sixth grade student Rachitha Shivakumar. “She makes math so much more fun, which makes it easier to understand. She’s amazing, fun and helpful.” If Mrs. Nosal couldn’t be a teacher, she would work for Austin’s Disaster Relief Society in order to help families that have experienced catastrophes.

On the weekends, Mrs. Nosal enjoys going for walks with Kobie and her husband, going to Country Western Dancing, and watching golf and football. She especially loves it when her four grown kids are in town, because that means she gets to cook and bake for everyone!

“Mrs. Nosal is an awesome teacher,” says sixth grader John Brooks, “She’s awesome, funny and cool.” But Mrs. Nosal is so much more than just a teacher. She’s a loving mother, an excellent cook, and so much more. It’s no wonder why students consider it a privilege to have her.