Ready Player One

Ready Player One is a science-fiction film that released on March 29, 2018. It is set in Columbus, Ohio 2045. The world is on the brink of chaos. People have found redemption in The OASIS. The OASIS is a virtual game, where you can live your life and in a much better way than it is. You can design your own character, meet friends, talk with a voice amplifier, and basically live life the way it was meant to be lived. So basically, you put on your virtual reality goggles, get on a 360-degree treadmill, and you’re in.

The main character is Wade Watts and he goes to the OASIS every day. there is a competition to finish 3 races in The OASIS to get all of Halliday, the late founder of the OASIS’s stock in the OASIS worth $500 billion. He teams up with his friends, who he doesn’t know in real life, to finish the competition. They go through many challenges and put their lives in danger by almost getting killed by an angry player. Wade Watts goes by his Gamertag Parzival. Halliday records all of his important moments in life so players can go over it to find information leading to the keys to win the competition. Watts’ family’s apartment building is burned killing his aunt and her husband because he unlocks the first key.

They attempt to take down the major corporation which hires people to play in the Oasis and their CEO who is obsessed with winning and will take all measures needed to win, including harming other people in real life. I rate this movie a definite 5 stars because it was gripping and kept me glued to my seat.

About the Writer
Vishnu Sreenivasan, Chief Producer and Editor
Vishnu is an 8th-grade student with many interests. He loves to play tennis and to watch Netflix. He is known by his friends and family for his vast and extensive knowledge about what’s going on the world and his amusing interpretations on current affairs. He loves video games, watching Friends re-runs and does not miss...