The Upcoming Valentine’s Dance on Feb.22

The Upcoming Valentines Dance on Feb.22

Yes Valentine’s Day was Feb.14 — but that doesn’t stop CVMS students from celebrating a week later. Get ready for the Valentines Dance on Friday, Feb. 22 and it is going to be super fun. Tickets will be $6 during lunch and after school. The dance is sponsored by the ELA Department.

At the social, you can enjoy soda, candy, more candy, and pizza. There will be games, dancing, movies, and more. This is the perfect opportunity to hang out with your friends and just have a great time. You should wear your favorite pink or red clothing that is school appropriate. Students who are going to the school social will be dismissed from eighth period at 3:40 pm and you will have to place your belongings in your lockers. No binders or backpacks are allowed to the dance. You should keep your money and your cellphone with you.

You will have to exit the building and reenter for the school social. If you play any instruments in band or orchestra, you will need to leave your instrument in the band hall. All students must stay for the entire dance. If you must leave early your parents must contact the coordinators and explain the reason for your early leave. 6th graders must stay until 6:00 pm, 7th graders until 6:15 pm, and 8th graders until 6:30 pm. Students are not allowed in their locker or any other rooms in the school unless their parents arrive.

In conclusion, this school dance is one of the few that our school offers so don’t miss this opportunity. This is one of the only days where you can party around in the school and have tons of fun in a Valentine’s Day-themed party.

“The Valentines day dance is amazing and I hope you can make it there,” Mrs. Harper, the ELA department chair, said.