The Student News Site of Canyon Vista Middle School

Got chromebook problems?

A mini crisis is going on at Canyon Vista concerning our computers! Some computers are breaking down and not being able to run anymore. This is a problem because students are being held back from completing their assignments online because of waiting for their Chromebook to be fixed. Should we have a mini lesson about taking care of our computers?

“Keyboards and keyboard covers are strapped down by 20 individual clips that have to be pried open to come up; that’s why all keyboard damage is considered intentional,” Mr Acosta said. 

People see key covers come off and think that the more popped out keys will make it more fun to type. The district spends 20,000,000 dollars replacing and buying these computers and each computer costs $386. 

“Everyone needs to take theirs with care and then it will last around 6 to 8 years.”Mr Acosta said  

A big problem with these computers is that they have to be carried in the correct computer backpack. They have to be put in the computer folder to avoid being bumped around and breaking.

“If you are experiencing difficulties. Please do not try to fix it yourself, please take it to me (Mr Acosta) and I will fix it,” Mr Acosta said.

View Comments (1)