On Your Mark, Get Set, Run

Our CVMS students have been running since the beginning of the school year, up until October 6th. They got up before the sun and ran, to prepare for meets. 

The girls cross country team won every meet, including districts. One student in particular, an 8th grader named Preeya Panwalker placed first at every meet, leading the Canyon Vista girls team to victory every time.

”I made a lot of new friends and got to meet a lot of new people. It was a very exciting season.” said Preeya Panwalker about her season

The Canyon Vista boy team got 3rd at districts, with 8th grader Ankur Chanabasanavar placing 3rd.

“The boy’s team had a good season,” Coach Angela Buentello said. “ They are a district-winning team, they tried hard and most of them were at every practice or meet.”

It is Coach Buentello’s first year as the cross-country coach, last year she was the assistant coach, and she has been a part of cross country for two years, since her son began running, you could find him at every meet helping his mom.

“I was nervous, but because I had a great support system and a great team I didn’t feel as scared”, Buentello said. “ I want to shout out to Ms. Krull, Parent coach Glenn, and my son.” 

The team faced difficulties, like the heat, sickness, and uneven ground with ease.