Percy Jackson Show

The new Percy Jackson show starring Walker Scobell has gotten a lot more attention since it came out. The show aired on Disney, each episode was released on Tuesdays at 9 pm for 7 weeks. Even though the show came out a few weeks ago, the show has already been renewed for season two.

“I have kinda grown up with the books and they were a big part of my childhood so when the show came out I was excited to watch it,” Antara Save (7) said.

Save also said that the show lives up to the books, and even made her want to re-read them. At the same time, others have said that they thought the show left out a lot of important details from the books. The show doesn’t explain anything so if you didn’t read the books, the show may be hard to understand.

“My favorite part of the show was Capture the Flag because it had so many factors, they fight but there are also a lot of emotions,” Milana Monheit (7) said 

Monheit also said that the actors they chose made the show better, and any other actors would have been weird. The actors had a lot of freedom in the Capture the Flag scene, Walker Scobell (who plays Percy Jackson) was doing a Fortnite emote in it. Something interesting about the Percy Jackson show is that Rick Riordan is a big part of the production. He had a lot of input from the directors.

I feel that overall the show has a good feel. It is entertaining and is perfect for fans of the books. Even people who don’t like the books or have never read them could find it good.

“I have always loved Percy Jackson. It shows how kids can help with big problems and I think that’s important to show,” Whitney Moore (7) said.