Soccer Tryouts

Soccer+Tryouts

Soccer season is kicking off very soon. Tryouts were April 1st, 2nd, 3rd. 6:45-8:00 a.m. for girls and 3:45-5 p.m. for boys.

“I’m really excited to have made the team because I love playing soccer and I’m excited to play with 8th graders,” Lizzie Kirwin (7) said.

A unique thing about the CVMS soccer teams is that they have one team with 7th and 8th graders combined. There’s only 21 spots on each team for boys and girls. The formations vary from team to team but the general positions that you can play are Goalkeeper, Right Fullback, Left Fullback, Center back, Center Mid, Holding Mid, Attacking Mid, Right Midfield/Wing, Left Midfield/Wing, and Forward.

“I thought that the coaches were gonna lean towards the 8th graders because they have more experience and I was right because only me and two other 7th graders made the team,” Ethan Sequeira (7) said.

The 8th graders most likely had an extra year of experience, especially the ones who made the team last year. They also had the advantage of being bigger and stronger than the 7th graders.

“I had a lot of fun at tryouts and I’m really glad that I made the team because a lot of my friends made it too and I don’t play with them usually because only a couple are on my club team so I think it’s gonna be really fun to work with new people, ” Antara Save (7) said.