ReadiStep Testing

Today is an important date for CVMS 8th graders- they are taking the ReadiStep test! 

Graphic created by Nicole
Graphic created by Nicole

ReadiStep, a paper and pencil assessment, consists of three multiple choice sections: reading, writing, and math. Students are given two hours to take the test, 40 minutes to complete each section. Unlike the SAT, ReadiStep does not require students to write an essay, and there are no student-produced response questions on the test.

ReadiStep is the first step on the College Board’s College and Career Readiness Pathway, a series of tests that assess how ready a student is for college and eventually, a career. Students are measured from 8th grade through 12th grade.

ReadiStep seeks to help students identify the skills they need to be college and career ready. It is beneficial to students and parents by helping them understand which skills need attention, work, and improvement, as they prepare to make the critical transition to high school. It also lets students compare their skill levels to those of other students in the nation. Teachers and administrators also benefit from ReadiStep, as it allows them to see which students are performing well in fundamental academic areas, as well as those who are ready for more, harder, involved work. In addition to that, ReadiStep test results can also with creating curriculum and instruction, pinpoint skill gaps, and improve teaching and learning.

ReadiStep is a vital part of the long and arduous preparation for college and beyond- in fact, it is the first step. We wish all of our exceptional 8th graders good luck on the test!