Jumanji Movie Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jumanji Movie Review

Vishnu Sreenivasan, Reporter

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is an action/fantasy movie that released on December 20, 2017. It has a 75% rotten tomatoes rating and a 7.3 on 10 IMDB rating. It starred Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Jaren Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse, Kevin Hart as Moose Finbar, Jack Black as Professor Shelly Oberon, and Nick Jonas as Alex.

Plot

The movie is about four high school students that come together in detention and decide to play an old video game. After they pick their characters in the game, they are then transformed into their game as that character. They soon learn that in order for them to get out of the game, they must save Jumanji from Professor Russell Van Pelt who is manipulating all of Jumanji’s animals through a jewel, The Jaguar’s Eye. They need to return the Jaguar’s eye to a massive Jaguar statue and call out “Jumanji”. As they embark on their adventure together they learn to work together and learn about each other. All the characters have different weaknesses and strengths. They only have three lives to survive the game. The team needs to utilize one another’s strengths and stay away from their weaknesses.

I give this movie a 5 Star rating because it explores many different genres. The director, Jake Kasdan, did a great job utilizing the all-star cast. I liked how they added a backstory of how Alex, the other character got to Jumanji. They also involved a cool twist by showing that time on Earth goes a lot faster than in Jumanji.

About the Writer
Vishnu Sreenivasan, Chief Producer and Editor

Vishnu is an 8th-grade student with many interests. He loves to play tennis and to watch Netflix. He is known by his friends and family for his vast and...

1 Comment

One Response to “Jumanji Movie Review”

1. Alexia Clamou on January 12th, 2018 8:20 am

Great way to get people into the story without spoiling it . It is a great article and a great movie!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.