Cafeteria Food Reviews

Photo by Victoria Chandler and Bailey Armosky

The cafeteria is place where students come to relax, chat, and most importantly, eat. The food in the school cafeteria changes over the years and a few students expressed how they felt about the school lunch.

“I buy the cafeteria lunch almost every single day, but I believe the lunches haven’t changed much at all in the years I have been here,” said eighth grader Angela Chen. “The school should consider adding more variety and choices to the menu, and bring the ice cream back,” she concluded.

Eighth grader Hannah Shakir said, “The prices of food have increased, but I only buy lunch once a week so my money doesn’t run out too quickly. I think the school should consider regular chips instead of baked chips. Overall, the school provides pretty good lunch, such as the deli option, but I still think the school should add more variety to the menu.”

A student who has never purchased school lunch made a statement about what would make her want to buy food from the cafeteria. “Actual restaurant food is something that I think would be worth buying, and I’m not a big fan of the food they serve in the cafeteria these days,” eighth grader Carolina Perez said. “From what I’ve heard, the year before I came to Canyon Vista, the cafeteria used to serve Chick-fil-A and slushies. I think bringing something like that back to the school lunch choices could really persuade more students to purchase the food — including me.”

According to the students interviewed, the cafeteria needs more variety in the types of food served. They also think the school should bring back some choices that were on the menu from the past. Adding a restaurant choice to the school cafeteria could encourage more students to purchase lunch in the cafeteria. Packing lunch is time consuming and some students don’t have the time to do that, so their only other choice is to buy school lunch. Why not make the school lunch something absolutely delicious that students will look forward to everyday?