Nintendo Switch Direct

March 9, 2018

The whole internet blew up after the Nintendo Switch Direct once it finished. Viewers of the streams saw new ports from companies never seen before, while fan favorites. If you don’t have time to watch the entire 30-minute presentation, don’t worry. This article will go over some of the main reveals of the direct.

By far the largest announcement was the return and reveal of Super Smash Bros. Nintendo cleverly was taunting us with another intro to Splatoon when suddenly, in the Inklings eye saw the Smash logo. Then, the reveal of the Smash crew behind told everyone the truth: Smash was coming to the Switch. What I like is that Nintendo didn’t give a low-ball answer and say later on. Instead, they said it would be out in 2018, a good sign.

Another major announcement was the large amount of PS4 ports coming to the Switch. Exclusive games like Crash and Bandicoot and Undertale, while originally being exclusive to PS4, are now ported over to the Switch. These two games are widely sought after, and I’m glad that Nintendo could get them on the Switch. It gives a wider audience to the console.

Other key announcements include South Park: The Fractured But Whole, which was a surprise move. Being a game mostly targeted for adults, I thought this would never come. But the relationship with Nintendo and Ubisoft was so strong with Mario + Rabbids, I think this was a no brainier. Another major announcement was the return of the widely popular Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker . This game was one of the most popular on the Wii U, and it was defenetly smart to port it over.

Finally, games such as Splatoon and Arms got new DLC and tournaments which are sure to entertain anyone. Splatoon is getting a 3.0 version, while Arms is hosting an online tournament. Ocotopath Traveler has also gotten a release date of July 13, a risky but potentially smart move. If you would like to see other games that got revealed, there will be a list below. Happy gaming!

3Ds Games Revealed:

Warioware Gold

Dillon’s Dead Heat Breakers

Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey

Luigi’s Mansion 3DS

Other Switch Games Revealed:

Okami HD Switch

Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Little Nightmares: Complete Edition

Mario Tennis Aces