Morning Announcements

Mehak Mehmi, Reporter

Have you ever wondered why we have morning announcements in the first place? We have them because possibly everyone in the school needs to know what’s going on and why is stuff happening.

Well, the answer is because you need announcements to inform you about the school. Here’s how it starts: First all of the 1st period newsmedia students need to sign up for the dates they are anchoring. Then they need to be ready on that date. They need to wear professional clothing. Then they film and read off the teleprompter that shows what each person needs to say during the announcements. Of course, the script is edited by Ms. Sharpe every day for the new announcements. Sometimes Vishnu Sreenivasan, the producer, adds in a joke.

Here are some quotes from some of the newsmedia students:

• “The morning announcements are fun but the first made me a little nervous. Now I really enjoy it.” -Hannah McDonough (7)
  •  “Vishnu makes it really frustrating when they make a tiny mistake and we have to start all over again.” – Evlabia Konstantinou (7)
  • “It feels weird because when you are up there, you have to do everything perfectly and not laugh.” – June Jung (7)

All that I know was it feels very nervous when you are up there with a camera looking right into your eyes while you read off a screen. I think doing the morning announcements is a great opportunity to shine, boost your confidence in front of a large audience, and mostly to have fun.

About the Writer
Mehak Mehmi, Reporter

Mehak Mehmi is a kind, friendly, and funny seventh grader. She likes playing volleyball but did not get on the team this year because of life. She is a good sport and still has many opportunities to be on a team this year. her mile time is 11:54 two days ago since she didn’t run at all this summer. She hopes she could get better! Mehak loves food and her favorite dish is spaghetti. She comes to CVMS by a school bus and hates spiders. She hopes that she can get to swim in school in Girls Athletics this school year. she used to live in California for two years before she moved to TX, Austin. Mehak doesn’t like to read and her favourite subject is Science, not Math. Mehak’s nickname is Moohoo and that is what most of her friends call her. When it comes to food, Moohoo never ever leaves anything but the plate.(once Moohoo ate the paper plate!!)