BuzzFeed’s Most Popular Sub-Channels, Ranked

Lyla Boretz, Reporter

Ah, BuzzFeed. A great news organization with the highest quality content, from eating seven-pound pizza burritos to a Russian mom feeding some unfortunate staff members a strange concoction known as meat Jello. They truly have it all. But where’s the actual top-notch, 1080p, 60fps content of this amazing company? You know, the stuff that doesn’t make you shut off your computer and sit in silent disbelief at what you just saw? Take a look at this list and save yourself from the dark side of BuzzFeed.

#1. BuzzFeed Unsolved 

One of BuzzFeed’s most watched shows, Unsolved features host Ryan Bergara and co-host Shane Madej as they take on supernatural and cold cases in a rather comedic light. It’s the perfect balance of humor, horror, and facts. Even though Unsolved technically wasn’t a sub-channel until recently, it was just so good that I had to include it.

#2: Worth It

Food isn’t very interesting until it’s covered in diamonds or doubled in size, but Worth It shows that sometimes $100 food isn’t better than $1 food. Steven Lim and Andrew Ilnyckyj, along with everyone’s favorite cameraman Adam Bianchi, take on a featured food at “three drastically different price points” and compare. With some fun food facts, jokes, and descriptive reviews, this show is perfect for foodies and non-foodies alike. The show is so popular that it majorly boosted patronage to certain restaurants.

#3: Tasty Japan

A much more relaxing cooking channel compared to its aggressively American counterpart, Tasty Japan features mostly easy-to-make Japanese food with some fun twists and music. The only downside is that people who can’t understand Japanese might not like it due to the lack of subtitles, but some videos do feature English instructions. Also, this channel is more like a subchannel of a subchannel, but in the end, it’s still a subchannel. Take that, nitpickers.

#4: Eating Your Feed

Eating Your Feed features Niki Ang and occasional guest Andrew Ilnyckyj as they take on the challenge of creating (or trying to create) popular foods seen on social media. It has a rather comedic theme compared to Tasty and no trashy music, but it’s a new show, so I couldn’t give it a higher rank. However, I can tell that it’s going to be a good show as it grows.

#5: Tasty

Tasty is barely hanging on to the title of “quality content.” Though their earlier videos feature less bizarre food and some actually chill music, the channel’s recently gone downhill. It’s like they’ve run out of ideas and decided to throw something together in hopes that it would taste good. Come on, watermelon poke bowl? That’s not even poke. Also, judging by the number of complaints in the comments, Tasty’s producers seem to not know what international foods really are.

Overall, BuzzFeed’s most popular channels are really just the ones that don’t have questionable content. That doesn’t mean they’re not enjoyable, though.

About the Writer
Lyla Boretz, Reporter

Lyla Boretz is a 13-year-old student with a passion for music and sports. She’s played the violin for 5 years, figure skated for two, and did English riding for another two. She’s currently learning piano from her best friend and hopes to be able to play well in a couple months. In her spare time, she likes to listen to 90’s pop and play video games. She also writes occasionally. Lyla speaks Mandarin and English at the moment, but wants to learn more languages in the future.