The Student News Site of Canyon Vista Middle School

Canyon Vista Cheer and Grisham Cheer in the Westwood Homecoming Parade

At the Westwood Homecoming Parade, Canyon Vista Cheer and Grisham Cheer shared a float. The float theme was The Era’s Tour Movie because the theme of the homecoming parade was “Movies”.

My favorite part about building the float was making the backdrop and having creative freedom” Taryn Windell, 7th grade Cheerleader, said.

The float took a total of five hours to build the float. All the girls worked hard and put a lot of time and effort into creating the float, they also had a lot of fun being a part of the parade. Grisham also played a big role in being a part of the float.

“I think it was really fun collaborating with Grisham cheer because I got to work with new people and I liked making new friends,”  Milana Monheit, 7th grade Canyon Vista Cheerleader, said

Windell also said everyone’s outfits were on point and looked like they were at the real Era’s Tour. They also had a lot of fun being a part of the parade. Grisham also played a big role in being a part of the float. While they were walking behind the float they blasted Taylor Swift songs and everyone was screaming and having a good time.

“My favorite part of being on the float was walking behind the float with my friends and throwing out candy,” Windell, 7th grade Cheerleader, said.

Grisham and Canyon Vista cheer were excited to be a part of the parade. Everyone on the team loved the theme and was excited to participate.

“It’s Taylor Swift come on now, Taylor Swift is like the best of the best, I love Taylor Swift and I know a lot of the girls love Taylor Swift and this is an iconic year for her and it’s an iconic year for us too,”  Kalee Criner, Grisham Cheer Coach, said.