Wonka Movie Review

The Wonka movie starring Timothée Chalamet has been a big hit amongst teenagers. The movie came out on December 15, 2023, and has already made over $150 million globally. 

The Wonka movie is a prequel to the other Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but Wonka is the story of how the chocolate factory came to be. The plot is entertaining and makes you want to continue watching. The movie has multiple backstories, for example, Willy Wonka’s, Noodles, all the people working for Mrs.Scrubbit, etc.

Wonka is a musical, and the songs have taken over the internet. Lots of influencers have been posting on many social media platforms using the soundtrack. Timothee Chalamet sings most songs, but other supporting characters also sing. One of the biggest songs is “Pure Imagination”. The soundtrack is catchy, and even people working at the movie theater were singing along.

In my personal opinion, I think that the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movies are a take on the original idea. But, the Wonka movie gives us a new perspective and a new storyline. It was interesting to see how the chocolate factory came to be.

I feel that the film did well in giving backstory to the main and supporting characters. It was almost like you had grown to like the character. So you cared more about what happened to them. One thing Wonka lacked was variety. People who adore Willy Wonka will like it better.

I recommend the Wonka movie because even though it is a musical, it still has a lot of heartfelt moments that make the film worth watching. I feel that Wonka lives up to the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movies and even makes you want to watch the original films. Overall, the movie was high quality and entertaining to watch.