Celebrating Our Principals

“The principals are some of the hardest working staff in the school because they run the school,” said eighth grader Caleb Domingue. Our principles make our school the best it can be, but we don’t really thank them enough. Mrs Hagerty, Mr. Lazarro, Mrs. Gutierrez, and Mrs. Foster all serve our school with great dedication.

October is known as National Principals’ month. During this month, students, parents, and teachers celebrate and thank all of the principals in their school.  Our principals are some of the hardest working people in the whole school–they come to work everyday with smiles on their faces and put in effort managing the school. National Principals’ month is a way to celebrate, congratulate, and give back to our principals.

Infographic created by Ananth Kumar on piktochart.com

Principals, teachers, parents, and students participate in this event. One of the most popular ways is in the video contest, where schools/teachers create short one or two minute videos showing how much students love their principals and how their principals have affected their lives, school and community in a positive way. Parents, teachers, and students could also write thank-you notes or a collective thank-you banner as an appreciation to the principles. Sending flowers, gift cards/certificates, or something even more personal would do. The whole idea is to give back.

For those parents striving to participate the most,  they could try to purchase an ad in a newspaper celebrating the principals. PTA could organize a thank you letter or letters from around the school, or perhaps even write a letter to the superintendent summarizing how amazing our principals really are. Any gift or treat that helps recognize our principals’ hard work would surely be enjoyed.

Our principals work hard everyday to improve our school. Let’s use the National Principals Month, and let’s give back to the people who help us the most!